Following Jesus is not just a personal decision that affects our private lives - it should influence how we respond to others. People who understand what God has done for them through Jesus will naturally want to share His love with others out of gratitude. Instead of asking, "What can the church do to serve me?", mature Christians ask themselves, "How can I make others' lives better?"
Every Christian has been given gifts, talents and desires to use in serving others. As Peter said, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.” (I Peter 4:10-22).
At SPA, we have a variety of ministry opportunities available, including:
- Childcare (police check required)
- Youth ministry (police check required)
- Audio, video and technical support
- Playing an instrument or singing
- Graphic design
- Acting or performing in drama
- Assisting with building and renovation projects
- Helping set up and tear down for events
- Assisting others with transportation to and from church
- Greeting guests and newcomers
- Preparing and serving coffee in the Connection Café
- Preparing food in the kitchen
- Teaching and communicating Biblical truth
- Building friendships and social connections
- Caring for others
- Praying for others
- Giving financially
- And many more
To consider how you might get involved by serving others at SPA, please fill out the web form below. We'd love to hear from you!